- Tonight is my last night in Dallas and Lord knows I don’t want to go home. Not because Dallas is so great (although yes my trip has been great) but just because I dread going back to DC.
- I love my family.
- We went to the Texas State Fair today. I didn’t get a chance to try any Fried Twinkies, but I did get to take a picture with Big Tex.
- Today my sister asked me a great question. She asked me about my dreams and goals in life and I was able to share them with her. One day I’ll share it with you all (too tired to write it all now) but it felt really good to be able to tell someone about my dreams.
- One of the things I love about visiting my sister is that she and her husband are some of the few people (besides my bestie Khalilah) with whom I can have open, honest discussions about God, faith, the church, cultural identity, and where to go from here. If you get my brother-in-law started, we could talk for hours–which we just did–and I never feel like I’m bothering him.
- I’m exhausted and if I don’t post this right now, I will never write this post. So on that note, goodnight all. Most likely the next time I blog, I’ll be in DC. Until then…